Job ShadowCelebrating the Bond Between You and Your Pet
GVH Job Shadow Mission Statement: To expose students throughout the surrounding communities to a real life work experience in the field of veterinary medicine.
What is a job shadow? A job shadow is a real life work experience where students learn about a career that they have an interest in. They locate a competent professional
that they are interested in by shadowing a competent professional in that field. The job shadow is a day long unpaid learning experience. Through this experience students will:
- extend career exploration beyond the classroom setting.
- build relationships between schools and businesses.
- be inspired to achieve future career goals.
- develop a professional relationship with a GVH employee who has the ability to answer questions relating to their position, experience and education.
- celebrate the human-animal bond with the GVH team.
- Job shadow candidates will be between 16-25 years of age.
- Job shadows will be accepted Tuesday through Friday from 8:45 am to 3 pm (times may vary depending on the needs of the student and GVH schedule).
- All potential Job Shadow candidates must complete the application below.
- Once accepted, the shadow will be contacted by Todd Metrision, Director of Operations.
- select a date and time for the shadow.
- be assigned a mentor for the day.
- emailed a link to complete a release form.
- emailed a link to view the Job Shadow expectations video.